"In wilderness is the preservation of the world."
Henry David Thoreau





Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pack Monadnock

Barbara and I decided to try and tackle Pack Monadnock.
From what I read, Marion Davis Trail seemed like it would be a pretty easy hike for someone with my balance issues. As it turns out I might have bit off a little more than I could chew.
It is very rocky.


A lot of switchbacks along the trail. Quite a few steep parts, but they were very short.

It was a challenge but with Barbara's help I rose to it and I’m glad I did.

I knew I couldn’t handle the descent on the trail. So I was glad for the road going up to the summit. We took that down but it is the steepest road I have ever walked.
We reached the top at the same time a car pulled up and a wedding party got out. Not something you expect to see at the top of your hike. What a beautiful place to get married. The wedding was set up so Mt. Monadnock was the backdrop of the ceremony. What a pleasant surprise to be met with as we emerged from the woods.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment